We are committed to providing encouragement and support to families who have children with special needs. Available services include:
- PEER TO PEER SUPPORT – matches with experienced families who can provide emotional support and practical information in areas of similar concern.
- SIBLING SUPPORT – Sibshops – follows the national model of group experiences for the brothers and sisters of children with disabilities.
- INFORMATION ON DISABILITIES – through “The Navigator” newsletter, we offer information on upcoming trainings, articles relating to disabilities, and updates on state and local issues.
- ADVOCACY TRAINING (AZ Partners in Leadership) – a leadership training program for parents of children with disabilities and for young adults with disabilities who want to further themselves as self-advocates.
- EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT – Provides parents with an understanding of their rights and responsibilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) in the educational setting.
All of our programs and services are offered free of charge without regard of the child’s disabilities, age, family income, qualifying conditions or other eligibility factors.