We are committed to providing encouragement and support to families who have children with special needs.
Available services include:
- PEER TO PEER SUPPORT – matches with experienced families who can provide emotional support and practical information in areas of similar concern.
- SIBLING SUPPORT – Sibshops – follows the national model of group experiences for the brothers and sisters of children with disabilities.
- INFORMATION ON DISABILITIES – through “The Navigator” newsletter we offer information on upcoming trainings, articles relating to disabilities, and updates on state and local issues.
- ADVOCACY TRAINING (Partners in Policymaking) – a leadership training program for parents of children with disabilities and for adults with disabilities who want to further themselves as self-advocates.
- EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT – Provides parents with an understanding of their rights and responsibilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) in the educational setting.
- LEAP - a Leadership Education Advocacy Partnership program with the goal of providing financial support for self-advocates and guardians of children/adults with developmental disabilities to participate in conferences and trainings that will increase knowledge and self-advocacy skills.
All of our programs and services are offered free of charge without regard of the child’s disability, age, family income, qualifying conditions or other eligibility factors.